[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]

/q/ - Quest

Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
:
Password (For file deletion.)

  [Go to bottom]   [Catalog]   [Return]   [Archive]

File: 1669073838950.png (733.19 KB, 1410x555, Buiwong Cut-In Final.png)

 No.762858[View All]

>Amy
"Are we supposing there's a little teapot somewhere in this valley we gotta find?" Hurricanrana says, tilting his head. "Is it perhaps short and stout?"

"No more singing, please," Desert sighs.

"Actually…" Mudi says. "In Tartarus, the will is supreme… It's even true at an Anchor. You saw how people suffered when they used techniques to move great distances without being seen, like the Ecclesian flash step. Oh! And we all had to agree on what we saw before we could even enter the anchor!"

"Oh no…" Desert groans.

"The singing probably helped us get this far!" Mudi extrapolates.

"No, no, no–!" Vizsla complains.

"We gotta sing to find the tea ingredient!!!" Mudi declares.

The Paper Trail shrugs.

"R-right?" Mudi asks, losing all her momentary bravado.

>Cloak

As a unit, with paces in sync despite the disparities in height and length, the Ecclesians move out, following behind the Paper Trail.

>Shei

"Take it from someone who has spent more time down here than you–" the Witch says. "Anything you hear claim to belong to or be from 'God' is not to be believed. Best not to overuse that word. An Anchor may be safe enough, but in the Abyss – tantamount to suicide. What you encountered was most likely an Umbral who became overmuch obsessed with that thing, and began to hallucinate a theosis."

>Shei and Flaming

"Cursed?" the Witch repeats. "Is that what they're saying?"

She scoffs, then full-on laughs, like it's the only funny thing she's heard all day. She shakes a ratchet at you. "My Craft is in the mechanical arts. I put no curse on any one of them.

https://youtu.be/C9ESv2NzKkw

"People like them… don't need any curse from anyone. They are curses unto themselves. Curses unto one another… you get me?"

The others ponder this in silence.

She looks at Flow. "But, it is true I got into a dispute with the royals. Must be the genesis of this rumor. Why do you ask?"
436 posts and 2 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.766004

>>766002
The face of Shei-Sher and then the face of Kid, and the many faces of Shei's growing self look at you with glee and a triumphant smile as you play. "Do you like this song? this sound is what I feel. Its my only way of making sense now."

 No.766005

>>765996
"About thirty…" Rooster says, only half-listening. By now, pretty much everyone has stopped pretending to go along with the scavenger hunt. They're trying to get as good a view as they can of the descending figures, while acting as if they're just casting a halfway-glance.

>>765997
>>766002
"Right this way," Doctor Galton says, as approaches Leather. She leads him toward the table, where Amy begins to pour him something with a honeyed smell. She casts her appraising apothecary's eye over you, checking you for signs of injury, physical, mental or spiritual. She flicks her head at you, asking you for a sign of your welfare.

>>765997
>>765996
>>766001
>>766002
With the scavenger hunt informally ended, Shei and Amy then resume the music. The Ecclesians and Witches, in a rare moment of unity, are spread out in a circle around the Vestal, trying to appraise the situation while saying and doing as little as they can to the transformed Vestal.

"O-h!" the Vestal gasps, and the gathered party suppress their involuntary starts.

"D-on-'t l e t m-e i n t er-r u p t wh-a-t y o u'-r-e d o i n g. Pl e-a s e… d-o g-o o-n," she says.

But the Ecclesians and Witches, having already decided on their course of action, began moving even before the Vestal could finish speaking, completely ignoring her as MISTER MOOLAH had impelled you. They go for the scattered instruments.

The Vestal, for her part, frowns, as if genuinely hurt… surely this too lines up with what MOOLAH had said. An act… right?

The Vestal paces around, still frowning. It doesn't seem as if the music's doing much in the wake of that rude reception your "allies" gave her…

 No.766007

>>766005
"Well Of Course! Performers don't regard the audience. They regard the performance. Pay attention to me Vestal! I'm the one whose song I want you to listen to! Won't you listen to my song please! There's no one that can listen to me anymore!" Shei-Sher shouts with heartfelt gratuities of passion as he head bangs and digs into his performance.

Continuing to play
>Shepherds Tone
[1d10+1]

Roll #1 7 + 1 = 8

 No.766008

>>766005
Shorthorns stops in her hunt as well while the rest of the hunters proceed to dare a partway glance towards the ominous presence above them. However, as the Vestal's voice rings out - no longer obscured and undecipherable and overwhelming, but crisp and clear as almost any voice she's ever heard.

She looks around as the others ignore the Vestal's presence all together, and though she knows every warning from her allies and MOOLAH warn her NOT to engage with the Vestal, to not even acknowledge her presence, the hurt in her tone sounds all too real to Shorthorns. Surely, if she's having a bad time, she may not wish to continue the party…

Shorthorns clears her throat, backing away from her allies as she looks around nowhere in particular, but clearly trying to capture the Vestal's attention. "Hmmm, I think I got enough to trade now! Does anyone want to trade some of these prizes with me? I found some good ones if anyone wants to traaaade…?" She shouts out, still not eying the Vestal directly but keeping her in a half-ward gaze to see if she takes her invitation.

 No.766009

>>766005
>>766002
"Thank you, I think it's important to stay hydrated whenever you do extraneous activities. If I'm not spending time dancing, I'm definitely hanging around the punch bowl." Leather states, chugging the brew.

 No.766010

>>766004

"Too much Tartarus for you, I think," Amy says with a laugh like a parent commenting a child who has eaten too much sugar.

>>766005
>>765997

"Oh…" Amy says as Doctor Galton looks her over. She looks down at the concoction she is pouring for Leather, nearly dropping it in the process. "I guess I just… forgot where I was for a second…"

>>766009

"I agree," Amy nods.

>>766005

"They're just doing what you said," Amy says to the Vestal, unable to tolerate a frown. She gives the Vestal a smile, then gives her one of the papercrafts she found in the scavenger hunt. Amy then plays with her own papercraft in front of the Vestal with a little grin on her face. She does her best to hedge between playing NEAR her and playing WITH her.

 No.766012

>>766009
Galton nods. Her beak does not move, yet you hear a near-imperceptible whisper from her.

Stay here. Something may have happened to you I can't perceive without a more thorough spiritual examination. Report anything else strange that happens to you from now on.

>>766009
>>766007
>>766010
>>766008
The Vestal scoops up the papercraft that Amy gave her [the Alchemist], while Amy plays with the Necromancer one. Then, the Vestal goes over to where Shorthorned playfully bandies the idea of trading with someone.

"O o h! O-o-h!" the Vestal says, holding up her hoof and jumping like a student eager to be called upon in class. "I w i l-l t r a-d-e."

The Vestal looks at the buffalo figurine, and the Alchemist papercraft she just now got. Then, she puts those two away in a similar hammerspace fashion to Amy.

"I h a v-e t-hr-e-e t-o pu-t u-p fo-r t-r-a d-e," the Vestal says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G_DfhL8XP0

"T-h a t o n-e, th-a-t o-n e, an-d t-h-a-t o-n-e," she says, and points, in turn, at Amy, Cloak, and Shei.

Doctor Galton narrows her gaze and glares in Shorthorned's direction…

 No.766014

>>766010
>>766012
>>766009
>>766008
Shei-Sher continues playing even though the Vestal has moved on from him. It seems though despite playing, Shei-Sher is keeping up with his surroundings.

He hopes for Flaming to look his way. And she does. He nudges his head to Leather and Amy. As if to say. Trade for them. It seems Shei is fine where he's at.

>continuously rolling until Shepherd's tone is up

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 2 + 1 = 3

 No.766016

>>766012
>>766014
Shorthorns' smile widens as she hears the Vestal is ready to trade, eagerly grabbing out the Paladin, Bard, and Shaman figurines she's collected thus far. As the Vestal points out her friends, she almost immediately takes upon the deal, but is given pause as she catches sign of Shei, giving her a signal. She raises her brow at him and mouths 'what are you doing' to him, but honoring his wishes, points to ONLY Amy and Leather.

"Hmmm… I think I really only want those two, if *whoever* has them would like to take… a Paladin and a Bard? I also have a Shaman or a Buffalo if you want those…" Shorthorns offers, holding up the Bard and the Paladin into the air while keeping the Vestal still only just out of side.

 No.766017

>>766012
"As far as I'm concerned, I'm here to party until I'm worn out, and then I'll take a long nap. If I'm going to be a dad, I better learn to get rest earlier in the day. Can't stay up partying all night." Leather says, not responding to anything.

 No.766018

>>766012
>>766016

Amy cocks her head. "I'd say I'm probably worth a buffalo figurine," she says with a conclusive nod.

 No.766019

>>766017
>>766016
>>766014
>>766018
The Vestal sticks her tongue out to one side, and paces in place with her hybrid body as she thinks – or at least, pretends to think.

"H-mm-m… De~al!"

Two instants pass.

In the first instant, Amy and Cloak are gone. Utterly gone, disappeared.

At the same time, there stirs, all around, a great buzzing noise, and a cavalcade of fluttering shapes through the air, like leaves and tattered flower petals, tossed by a fall wind. Though they can only be seen in those two instants, the little shapes seem to be some manner of letter, symbol, or character, countless kinds and shapes without number.

In the next instant, Amy and Cloak have reappeared, apparently none the worse for wear to an outside observer. Disoriented, to be sure– but it's only with a quick self-ceck that the two of them ascertain that they're not missing anything, physical or spiritual, despite their disappearance from all perception. By the esosteric laws of Tartarus, their disappearance should have meant their annihilation… yet they're still here.

The Vestal then looks at the buffalo figurine and the paladin papercraft, now in her possession. "Tha-n-k s," the Vestal says. She glances at the necromancer papercraft, still in Amy's clutches, and readies the paladin to fight her.

 No.766021

>>766019

Amy smiles. "Paper dance?" she says as she starts making her papercraft do some epic dance moves.

[1d10] for epic dancing

Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.766022

>>766019
>>766021
>>766017
Shorthorns looks on in utter shock as Amy and Leather seem to vanish into nothingness, but as they suddenly reappear before her, and her Paladin / Buffalo papercraft ascend up to the Vestal's grasp, she breathes a deep sigh of relief, glad to have the others out of her grasp… save for Shei, that is.

Shorthorns shouts, "Good trade!" before looking to Amy in particular, whispering "By the way, I think you're worth way more than just a Buffalo figurine, but I didn't want her to know that."

She looks to Leather and Amy, "Are you two alright?" She whispers, not trying to sound panicked and distract from the fun. "Do you know what Shei's up to? He didn't seem like he didn't want to leave you-know-who."

 No.766023

>>766019
>>766019
Shei-Sher continues head banging, corkscrewing, lawnmowing, and scissor shimmying as he plays a song so hella it could shatter heaven.

>continuously rolling effectives while the others do stuff. Got 2 more turns on Shepherd's current song.

[1d10+1]

Roll #1 6 + 1 = 7

 No.766025

>>766022
>>766019


"I haven't been told otherwise, I've just been hydrating after wearing myself out." Leather responds to Shorthorns.

 No.766026

>>766021
>>766022
>>766023
>>766025
While the Vestal makes her papercraft play and dance with Amy's, you see the Ecclesians and Witches moving about in the background. They convene at a table, looking intently at the ingredients you procured, near-silently preparing to turn that peculiar collection into a palatable enough tea.

"She-i," the Vestal repeats as Shorthorned speaks. "T-ha-t's r i g h t, hi-s n a-m-e i-s… Shei-Sher… w-h-at's he doi-ng t-hat f-o-r?" she asks, gesturing to his reveries on the stage. "It's k-in-d o-f ann-oy-ing…"

Her use of your language grows clearer, more intelligible, the more she speaks… moreover, she's gotten Shei's full name now… and apparently finds him displeasing.

>pausing

 No.766053

>>766026

"He'll get better," Amy says absent-mindedly as she continues to make the papercraft do various poses.

>[1d10] to lighten the mood


Roll #1 3 = 3

 No.766054

>>766026
Leather Cloak mingles with Ecclesians watercooler style, purposefully oblivious. "I think musical chairs would be out of the question, maybe a bingo game? Good intermediate wind down between bigger ideas."

 No.766055

>>766025
Shorthorns sighs, "I've just about given up trying to figure out what's going on in that goat's head. But at least he usually seems to have some kind of plan… even if it doesn't always make sense."

>>766026
As the others begin making the tea - the tea that will, hopefully, pull the Vestal into the deep slumber they're all hoping for - Shorthorns has to suppress a gasp at hearing the Vestal begin to speak so much more clearly. She feels all the more tempted to try and communicate with her, to try and reason with her, but she internally reminds herself to stick to the plan they set at the very beginning.

As she voices displeasure with Shei's playing on the stage, Shorthorns tries to think of a way to make it seem more appealing. "Uhhh…. oh, hey, i-it's my favorite song! MOOOOOO, play it Shei, come on!" She says, quickly charging her way up in front of the stage and starting to dance again, hoping a very cool buffalo doing some slick moves in front of his performance might make it seem more fun

[1d10] Do the Shorty Sorty

Roll #1 5 = 5

 No.766056

>>766026
Shei-Sher finishes his set early. Guitar screeching to a halt amid solo, stopping as Triangle and Bass give Shei the downbeat.

Shei tries to let his voice ring out through the ampitheater "Thank you, Thank you. That song was called. I made it up myself. We'll be taking a quick intermission be sure to grab some drinks, I know you beautiful folk get parched swallowing my sick licks. We'll be back when I say so, cheerio my foes."

Shei-Sher turns behind him to his Malachim, whom he just assumes are there, because why wouldn't they. He passes out bottles of water from his cape "It was a good first set, It was good. Don't let the critics throw a spanner in the works. We've got this posh."

 No.766057

>>766055
You catch Shei off guard with your impromptu dancing "Feh! Where was this when the set was rolling."

Shei plays something quick and groovy for Flaming out of consolation. He already put down his electric guitar so he grabs an acoustic from who knows where. And the Malechim instinctively swap acoustic instruments as well from Shei's cape.

https://youtu.be/uRnqp0g23pk?si=oWyVfybYwsSQ1Eub

While Flaming is in range he quickly scrawls some writing in cursive onto a notecard and stuffs it in a clinch of her clothing.

 No.766058

>>766054
"Bingo, hmm…?" Ichimonji repeats, ears twitching with interest.
"Absolutely not," Holy Hours says.
"Tch," Ichimonji says. "What, because I'm here?"
"…I didn't say that," Holy Hours says.

Bingo carries too much risk, he means. For, if the Vestal were to be the one to secure a 'bingo'…

"Even when I rig the games, I don't always win!" Ichimonji protests.
Monkey scoffs. "That's because I counter-rig those games."

That's the other risk. Ichimonji, like many old-timers, takes bingo deathly seriously.

"Hmm," Anzu says. "No mahjong… no old maid… I don't like that game anyway… maybe musical chairs isn't so bad an option. Ooh, or we could do marbles, too! Would work up a powerful thirst! Whaddya think?"

>>766055
>>766053
>>766056
As Shei, Amy and Shorthorned take over with keeping the Vestal entertained, they meet with a new obstacle. In an abrupt turn, the Vestal sets her papercraft figure on a nearby toadstool, and gets up to wander about. Invariably, she walks out of your line of sight. Yet, you can all still see her. For Shorthorned, it is much the same as it is before. She sees the image of the Vestal's moving form, the image being centered in the crown of her head, as if another eye were planted there.

Yet for Amy and Shei, when the Vestal moves out of their field of view, they can see her with even more eyes than Shorthorned. They can see the Vestal wandering about, and they see not just her, but the scenery surrounding her. This vision layers itself atop that which they can see through their physical eyes, giving rise to great disorientation.

The Vestal rubs at her eyes, grumbling with annoyance.

 No.766060

>>766058
"I don't want to be sat on during musical chairs, mind you I have training with Rooster so I can withstand most seating, but weight isn't my worry. Velocity would be my concern with marbles… Winner-less Cards Against Ponykind would be interesting."

 No.766061

>>766057
Shorthorns keeps dancing down, trying to see if her dancing along to Shei's admittedly VERY upbeat and jovial acoustic set can help improve the Vestal's perception of the thing, not wanting to earn her ire.

As she dances though, her eyes open up wide as she feels something enter her clothing, turning around to look at Shei, "HEY!" she says, about ready to give him a solid headbutt for pulling a move on her, but as she notices he just stuffed a piece of paper in there she lets out a sigh and takes it out to read it, discreetly, as she catches her breathe briefly from the dancing.

>>766058
Shorthorns focuses on reading the note as she takes a short break from dancing, sweating profusely through her white fur as she gets the sense that her dancing did not do much to improve the Vestal's mood. She focuses on her perception of her, even after she's passed out of her line of sight, like a permanent fixture in her gaze as she looks over the notes, "Maybe lay off the tunes a little Shei…" she says, grumbling as she looks to see what he's written…

 No.766063

>>766058

Amy rubs at her own eyes as she feels disoriented from the vision.

"I'm getting tired," she announces to the group. "I need something to drink."

Amy looks for something to drink.

>[1d10] to get a drink


Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.766065

>>766061
Shei continues playing as he observes Shorty and realizes or rather remembers… she can't read "Oh cripes.. she's one of the indigenous peoples."

Shei-Sher briefly lets his acoustic guitar hang slack, dangling from the strap on his neck. As he waves his hoof around "daaahh.. ngh deeehhh. hrmmn!"

He sharply arcs his back backward, as he points a hoof tip at flaming. His other hoof grabbing at half his own face "I CURSE YOU WITH LITERACY!!" a lightning bolt briefly zaps into Flaming's brain

LIGHT.IV
[1d10+1]
Directly transited into the gelatinous fulcrum of Flaming's understanding was the complete lexicon, syntax, grammar, vocabulary, and formalization marked as standard by the Union Church for proper Equish since the past 10 years.

Shei-Sher thought this was more convenient than speaking to her.

Roll #1 9 + 1 = 10

 No.766066

>>766058
Shei-Sher notices through the other side of his perception that the Vestal is struggling with her eyes. Shei can cleary map out the caution in his head. It may be harmless or it could be dire. If Shei closes his eyes will he be able to open them again?

He already gave his note to Flaming, so the rest is up to her if he's going to play this gambit. Shei-Sher closes his eyes to ease the pain in the Vestal's eyes.

 No.766067

>>766061
The note reads;

'Take your paper doll and show the Vestal it's supposed to be used as a teddy bear to sleep with. Pretty Please.'
-sincerely
Bastards & Kids

 No.766068

>>766060
>>766063
Amy, smelling the beginnings of tea being brewed, wanders over toward Cloak and the Ecclesians. The Vestal by this point has made it over some distance toward the picnic tables. Thus, Amy's able to position herself a little to keep the Vestal in her field of view, and thereby ease the strain on her eyes by eliminating the second vision.

"Cards Against Ponykind, huh…" Monkey repeats.
"They released a new edition of that, actually," Anzu says. "Cards Against Mortalkind. It was supposed to come out around the time we went down into Tartarus. It's more inclusive, but… I thought being offensive was the point?"
"Nerd says what?" Fox asks.
"Wha–" Anzu starts. She goes for her gun– but the Vestal's head turns her way, and Anzu smoothly transitions that quick-draw into scratching her flank.
"Ahem," Gegenschein interjects. "Back to the subject at hand. Before tea is served, we'll need one last game to idle the time. But it must be something everyone can play. Nothing with words, for our… literally challenged friends."

Literally, he means Amy. But figuratively, he means the Vestal. One last distraction before the final move in this game can be made.

 No.766069

>>766068
"I'm too used to games with winners." Leather laments, "Charades would be the non-literary counterpart, but I don't care to watch some individuals play."

 No.766071

>>766068
Shei doesn't notice anything. He opens his eyes and instead walks over to the picnic tables and sits next to the Vestal.

Shei closes his eyes again, as he mimes the motions for sleep. Even coaxing his muscles to fill with that familiar stillness.

 No.766072

>>766065
>>766067
>>766068
Shorthorns looks over the letter as she unfolds it, her eyes squinting down in confusion as she closes her eyes and grumbles.
"How do I keep forgetting that I can't read!?! WHY can't ponies just use pictures instead of these random little letters?"

She looks back in surprise as she sees Shei fire off a lightning bolt at her, causing her to gasp in surprise, "SHEI! What do you think you're-"

She lets out a grunt of pain as the lightning bolt imparts the overwhelming knowledge of the Equish lexicon into her very mind, wincing as she suddenly sees film reels play in her head educating her in blinding speed. As it finally finishes, she lets out a gasp, taking a few hushed breathes as she glares heavily at Shei. "Sheeeeiii…." she growls, before she takes another look at the note, her eyes widening in surprise as she can suddenly read his letter.

"I… I can read… I can READ!" she says, almost to eager and starting to read it aloud, "Take your paper doll and show…"

She stops herself in her excitement, keeping in mind the rule *not* to focus too much on the Vestal, and instead gets to work, going for one of her paper-buffalo crafts as instructed with Shei's new plan in mind

 No.766073

>>766068

Amy chooses NOT to position herself such that she is looking at the Vestal. Instead, she elects to just try to work with the double vision.

"Hey!" Amy says to Gegenschein. "'Challenged' is a little offensive."

As she says this, she reaches for something to drink, which is likely a very challenging effort given her current vision.

>[1d10] to definitely successfully grab a drink


Roll #1 8 = 8

 No.766076

File: 1708398988059.webm (1.1 MB, 700x1122, 1687688185433308.webm)

>>766073
As you reach out in the general direction of the tea-preparers, despite the double-vision, Doctor Galton deftly slides a porcelain cup of water into your hoof, so as to keep the Tartarian tea away from you. "The tea's almost ready. Just a bit longer. Actually, could you gather everyone together? We'll want to make sure everyone gets a share."

>>766069
>>766071
>>766072
>>766073
"Hmm…" Gegenschein thinks. "If we can't decide on a final game, perhaps another form of entertainment. Ah, hold it. You Saviors have a penchant for the performical, don't you?"

"That's not a word… but they did put on a stage play for a festival not long ago," Mudi attests. Only a few days ago, but it feels like quite a long time now…

"Perhaps with the music on hold, a little theater can tie us over until tea-time?" Gegenschein suggests.

The Vestal goes to sit at one of the tables, tapping her hooves without rhythm on the boards. She notices Shei and Shorthorned approaching, so her attention is upon them.

 No.766078

>>766076
"As long as I can play myself, Tartarus seems like a dangerous place to be someone else, with identity on the line." Leather requests.

 No.766079

>>766076
Shei-Sher remains seated next to the Vestal he waves his hoof up and down at the Ecclessians "I'm on my break, right now."

 No.766081

>>766076
>>766076
Shorthorns, as Shei's note instructs, quickly runs up to grab one of her big Buffalo paper-crafts she made for the scavenger hunt. As the others start to play their game, Shorthorns gives a short yawn,

"AAaaah… I'll catch up with you guys in just a second, I need to rest my eyes a little. All that dancing tired me out a bit."

She takes her buffalo close to her fluffy white chest, and curls up on the grass near where the others are drinking and playing their game. She curls up into a little buffaloaf, cuddling the papercraft tight as though it were one of the old dolls she played with as a younger calf. She closes her eyes, and tries to make herself look as comfortable as possible
[1d10]

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.766085

>>766078
>>766076

Leather spends some time thinking, "Or maybe safer to play an archetype rather than true identity. Something that is myself but not all-revealing."

 No.766086

>>766085
>>766078
"Right," Mudi agrees. "Don't wear anything more than a half-mask."

>>766079
"AH," Rooster says. "DON'T LET US BOTHER YOU THEN. BE SURE TO THANK YOUR LOCAL UNION REPRESENTATIVE."
"We still need to come up with a less confusing term for them," Holy Hours observes. "The Union's already taken."

>>766081
"H a-u!" the Vestal cheers, sighing at the adorableness of the sight. She leans over, almost falling out of her seat at the bench, and reaches out to pet your head. "W-h oa!" she gasps, almost falling out from how far she's leaning. She props herself upon her elbow and scooches closer so that she doesn't fall again. Then she continues to pet you. You've got the adorableness down, but she's not exactly sleepy, more excited by the sight of this cute thing. You may need the others to seal the deal.

>>766085
>>766078
>>766079
"If you need props, I can make some!" Mudi suggests, really getting into it now. Vizsla has no energy to contradict her at this moment.
"But what to perform…" Desert asks.
"Antipone?" Fox suggests.
"That one's kinda boring…" Anzu says.
"Well, if we go by Cloak's suggestion," Galton says. "There's the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe we can do."
"Yeah!" Lion says. "I can play myself, we've got at least two Witches, and so we'd just need a Wardrobe!"

 No.766109

>>766086
>>766076

Amy takes a sip of the water in a dramatic, noticeable way to make the act understandable, even to an idiot.

Then, Amy nods at Galton's request. "Can do."

Amy then proceeds to head in a direction where most people will be able to hear her, Flaming included. However, with her vision the way it is, she might still have a hard time with this.

[1d10] to walk normal

"Hey everyone," she says loudly while trying to keep her balance - but not LOOK like she's trying to keep her balance. "The food and drink is almost ready!"

Roll #1 4 = 4

 No.766110

>>766086
"Better than the other theater piece involving Lion, I don't want anyone playing a character to be perceived not having a heart of brain. While I can sing, my profession has usually been involved being unseen. Perhaps I could be a stagehand."

 No.766111

>>766086
Shorthorns' hair feels like it stands on ends as she feels the overwhelming presence of the Vestal suddenly right on top of her, and she resists the urge to open her eyes as she feels herself being… pet?

For some reason, the sensation is not as terrifying as she might have believed it. While the notion of being pet in and of itself is somewhat embarrassing, Shorthorns can't help but feel somewhat comforted by what should in all honesty be a harrowing situation, but the affection isn't entirely unwelcome.

If it helps the cause of getting the Vestal to sleep, Shorthorns swallows her pride and leans into the role, curling up more with the little paper-craft as she tries to give the sensation of fatigue or weariness to the otherworldly presence currently enamored with petting her.

[1d10] It's not like I'm trying to be cute or anything, baka

Roll #1 9 = 9

 No.766113

>>766086
Shei-Sher peaks an eye open, unnecessarily as he is probably still sharing vision with the Vestal. He witnesses the uncomfortable sight of Vestal petting his comrade. IF she were petting someone illiterate, savage and animal like Shei might have been able to called the scene cute.

"Hmm." Shei wonders. He thinks to himself, I need to convince this girl I'm teddy bear material. Can't have her thinking only pets have plushies.

Shei begins petting the Vestal's head in return.

 No.766114

>>766111
>>766109
>>766110
>>766113
No matter what direction you face, nor whether your physical eyes are opened or closed, you can see – through your involuntarily-opened third eyes – the Vestal continuing to pet the Shorthorned Dragon. The Vestal, it seems, is pretty well-distracted by this point. The Ecclesians try to hurry with mixing up and brewing the esoteric Tartarian ingredients, even as Amy bumps her way through the gathered.

However– when Shei comes over to pet the Vestal, he only gets one pat in before he begins to float, and is forcibly moved away a distance across the hilltop. The distance is just long enough to be mildly inconvenient.

>>766110
"YOU'LL NEED ONE OF THESE, THEN," Rooster says, and hands you a glove.

>>766109
>>766110
>>766111
>>766113
"The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe…" Vizsla repeats. Disdain is plain in her voice, but with the Vestal now in a good mood, Vizsla doesn't rain on the parade.
"Don't care for the religious themes?" Gegenschein scoffs.
"On the contrary, I am religious," Vizsla says. "I just want a stageplay where the ice queen wins for once."
"Spoilers…" Hurricanrana grumbles.

Rooster and Mudi start to conjure some quick props they'll need for the tea-time entertainment, and they appropriate the stage that Shei summoned earlier for their… well, their stage.

 No.766116

>>766114
>>766110

"I think Cloaky was referring to the one with the cowardly lion," Amy says, suddenly entering the conversation. Her disorienting perspective means that she's involved in all conversation!

"You know… the Wizard of… something?"

 No.766118

>>766116
"Hogs," Galton auto-completes. "And we would need more pigs for that one."
"Boar isn't part of the Ecclesian zodiac," Monkey says. "Otherwise one of us might have been able to fill that role had it become our code name."

 No.766119

>>766114
>>766113
Shorthorns starts to pick up that her plan to try and make the Vestal appear sleepy is starting to backfire, and now is outright distracting her from the others trying to get her to take the tea they'd so carefully prepared for her.

She opens a single eye and looks at Shei, trying to send subtle signals as to what she should do or if she should try to stop with Operation Teddy Bear as she doesn't dare move and risk making the Vestal upset

 No.766121

>>766114
Shei-Sher feels a familiar feeling as he's placed upon the hilltop. A feeling he's been accustomed to all his "What is this.. this- right. I'm being looked down upon. Well- that could be a step forward."

He steps out from the hilltop, and at the very first step Shei trips and tumbles down the hillside.

Ignoring his shared vision he witnesses the other groups are using the stage he built for their play. Shei gains a small sense of pride and an idea.

"Hmm" no one has prepared for the Vestal a bed. Surely, this must be something like a bedroom for the Vestal. Shei thinks.

Shei picks another plot of land and begins weaving his magics to make her a grandiose princess bed. With curtains, and plushies, an pillows upon pillows, and thick blankets and could hug you down. And he makes the bed the size of an acre. Fashioning it straight from the strange material of this plane.

I Dream of Alchemy+2: Instant; Thrice per session;
[1d10+1] to make the bed

Dark.III [1d10+1] to do this at such a large scale.

Roll #1 8 + 1 = 9 / Roll #2 7 + 1 = 8

 No.766122

>>766118

"OOOOOOOOH!" Amy suddenly exclaims loudly in realization.

"THAT'S what those weird names are about!"


[View All] (436 posts and 2 image replies omitted)
[Go to top] [Catalog] [Return][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ art / co / ot / q / qt / v ] [ 3dpd / unf ] [ g / sic ] [ countdown / hyperindex / linkboard / quest archive / stream ] [ Hamburger Time Calendar / MLPG Beacon / Donate / Game & Mumble Servers ] [ Rules & FAQs / Credits ] [ Mod ] [ home ]